Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Baby Jesus

I was trying to play catch up and post in order but I just HAD to post this before I forgot. Just the other night I was putting Connor to bed and we had just finish reading some books. Connor sat up and looked me right in the eyes and said "Mommy, you've got a baby Jesus in your belly." Playing along I said "Oh really, how do you know that?". He said "because I know. I prayed for a baby when we went to the lighthouse". We took him to see the lighthouse that we had gotten married at. This was months ago in April and it is now January! I told him " I'm sorry baby but Mommy doesn't have a baby Jesus in her belly". He said "Don't be silly Mommy it's not THE baby Jesus, just OUR baby Jesus." I continued to try to convince him that I didn't have a baby in my belly. He was not having it. So...... If in a few months it turns out I am pregnant (which will not happen) then my child will hopefully make us millions being a psychic! Or..... maybe you guys know the next "Mary" and you don't even know it!!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Too funny! Several years ago my youngest (he was 5 then) asked me "Mom, do you have a baby in your belly?" I said no and asked why. He said "Cause my teacher said all women have babies in their bellies." I laughed and tried to think of a way of explaining that we have "eggs" in our bellies that eventually become babies. I struggled with how to say this (because I believe in telling them the truth...within the limits they need at their age). Just as I was about to speak my oldest said "Yeah, mom and Heather have a baby in thier belly but it hasn't finished growing yet." --Side note: Heather is their stepmom...just their dad's girlfriend at the time...and she was not pregnant. Neither was I (obviously) and Joe and I weren't married yet either.-- I asked him why hasn't it finished growing. He said "It only grows when two people get married and they love each other." I just thought it was cute and just left it at that. How can I compete with 5 and 7 year old thoughts of the world? :-)